“It is in community where we find our very selves.”CHRIS MATAKAS
Bridgewater is a fresh new community offering stylish homes and scenic natural beauty. Designed with young couples and families in mind, we hope to provide you with a sense of belonging and a healthy support system. We offer easy access to schools, shopping, restaurants, recreation, and cultural facilities.
Building Blocks For A Great Future
CLAIRMONT COMMUNITY SCHOOL
- Grades: Kindergarten to Grade 8
- About the school: Opened in 2009 to serve students in Clairmont and the surrounding area, it is equipped with modern technology such as SmartBoards and Chromebook carts. The facility includes a library, home economics lab with a full kitchen, art room, science labs, full-size gym, music and band room, and two playgrounds.
- Programs: In addition to band, fine arts, and sports programs, the on-site Wellington Resource Centre provides various community services including youth programs and day camps.
GRANDE PRAIRIE COMPOSITE HIGH SCHOOL
- Grades: 9-12
- About the school: As a professional learning community, the high school fosters student growth and success by recognizing and celebrating the unique qualities, skills and talents of each individual learner. The variety of programs and courses offered allows each student to pursue areas of passion while providing them with the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for success in a changing world.
- Programs: Features a range of course choices and programs including international programming, career and technology studies, registered apprenticeship program, senior trades, music, leadership, languages, fine arts and dual credit opportunities. The school also boasts a successful history of student participation in Skills Alberta and Skills Canada competitions.
CHARLES SPENCER HIGH SCHOOL
- Grades: 9-12
- About the school: Opening in September of 2014 within the Community Knowledge Campus, this school boasts access to world-class recreational facilities to enhance learning.
- Programs: Offers comprehensive programming including a number of locally developed courses which were chosen to appeal to student learning needs and interests including French Immersion. Sports focus includes: hockey, soccer, dance and golf. Charles Spencer also offers knowledge and employability programming as well as off-campus opportunities for work experience, registered apprenticeship programs and dual credit opportunities.
Grande Prairie & District Catholic Schools is a learning community for anyone seeking a quality Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 12 Catholic education. It operates 13 schools, with 2 more schools opening in Fall 2022 in the city of Grande Prairie.
Other available private schools include Grande Prairie Christian School (kindergarten to grade 8) and Hillcrest Christian School (kindergarten to grade 12).
Prosperous & Safe Neighbourhoods
There are a number of top notch golf courses near Clairmont that offer the perfect place to meet friends, such as Bear Creek Golf Club, Grande Prairie Golf & Country Club, and more. Most golf courses offer rentals of clubs and carts, as well as a restaurant and licensed clubhouse.
RECREATION FIELD & DRY POND
This multipurpose space serves as a canvas for a whole array of playful activities – from soccer and football, to a venue for community picnics and even winter hockey rinks – this communal green space is sure to be the heart of the development.
Healthy & Fun Activities
CROSSLINK COUNTY SPORTSPLEX
This state-of-the-art recreation complex is the home for arena sports, outdoor sports, indoor track athletics and other activities for users of all ages. This multiplex offers baseball diamonds, indoor soccer pitch, exercise equipment and weight room, yoga studio, and a sports lounge overlooking the indoor ice rink. A variety of family programs are available year round, such as parent and tot programs, drop in shinny, family field days, and summer day camps.
RINKS & MORE
In addition to the Sportsplex rink, the indoor Clairmont Skating Rink is open year round with free family skates every weekend. The Clairmont Adventure Park is a central hub for social meet ups where the kids can enjoy the skatepark, cool off in the splash pad, or get busy with outdoor fitness equipment.
BEAR LAKE CAMPGROUND
Located on the north shore of Bear Lake, this campground offers overnight camping, group camping and day use options. Amenities include a day use shelter with a wood stove, outdoor restrooms, large playground, ball diamond, and a lovely waterfront for picnicking and daydreaming. Enjoy the benefits of fresh air, improved moods and a good night’s sleep from camping at Bear Lake.
Find Your Sense of Belonging
FIND MORE AT BRIDGEWATER