Choosing a home in the suburban town of Clairmont offers not only financial savings on property taxes, but also space to breathe, taking you closer to nature, and opportunities to connect with your community.
In Bridgewater you pay 45% less in property taxes for the same $400,000 home you can buy in Grand Prairie. Imagine what you’d do with an extra $2,000 every year!
Consider 10 ways you could enjoy spending your savings:
- Day Spa: A perfect way to destress! Nothing gets you more relaxed than a visit to the Ciao Bella Day Spa where you can sign up for a hot stone spa massage for you and your spouse. Live in Bridgewater and you can afford a spa day every month of the year!
- Golf: Prefer to work on your golf swing? With a dozen golf courses within an hour’s drive, and Bear Creek Golf Club only fifteen minutes away, you can take out a membership and enjoy guilt-free golf all summer long!
- Go Off-Roading: Pioneer Offroad Rentals offers a variety of off-road rentals. Or buy your own! Get active and go snowmobiling, take the family in a side-by-side along familiar trails, or learn how the Hagglund ATV arctic track vehicle can take you places you’ve never been before.
- Restaurants: Divvy up your savings for a monthly night out at your family’s favourite restaurant. Padrino’s Italian Ristorante serves up a stellar linguini and to-die-for salmon in lemon-basil sauce. From young kids to the most discerning palate, Padrino’s won’t disappoint.
- Camping: If a family adventure is more to your taste, put a down payment on a camper trailer and head north to the nearby Peace River where more than 30 campgrounds, RV parks and recreational areas await! Some of the province’s best camping happens along the shores of the mighty Peace River and neighbouring lakes.
- Get Fit: Sign the family up for a membership at one of the 10 gyms conveniently located in Clairmont or Grande Prairie. Motion Fitness is just steps away and offers personal trainers, tailoring your workout for cardio and weight equipment. And, you can even use the tanning services to show off those abs, or to prepare for a winter getaway to the Caribbean!
- Take A Trip: The Grande Prairie airport offers daily flights to Calgary and Edmonton. From there, you can be off to your favourite Caribbean resort or European adventure.
- Walleye Wars: Get a boat and a new fish finder! Sign up for the Walleye Wars tournament and test your angling skills at fishing holes throughout the province.
- Hunting Trips: From whitetail and mule deer, to black bear, moose and elk, the Peace River region offers up a multitude of hunting adventures. Bearpaw Outfitters boasts ethical hunting at its best. Stock the freezer and get up close and personal with nature.
- Save for The Future: Whether you’re saving for your retirement or you’re hoping for a post-secondary education for your kids, RRSP, RESPs are available at all major banks.